Reading Time: 4 minutes
Ostrich time for E-Commerce
With all due respects to the e-commerce ventures…
The survey reports by those fancy researches always show the graph of e-commerce market India soaring northward, exponentially!!! No doubt everybody wants to get a slice from this pie. But what fascinates is everybody thinks they can get it easily, just because it is a growing market. What does it take to start a online business? You may find step by step guide to start an online business starting from 1. Create a logo with any domain name available, 2. Host an open source or paid e-commerce engine 3.Run Google ads and
spam campaign daily on mail and SMS 4.Start shipping through any courier service and rake in profits. Even the Terms and FAQs are copied verbatim. Try Googling them with quotes. :)
Continue reading “Ostrich time for E-Commerce”
Reading Time: 2 minutes
Much has been blogged about whether TRAI did the right thing in handling the spams on phone. For most people it is a welcome move but many are confused.
As TRAI has defined 7 categories, you can either choose to opt in for a category or opt out of all messages in that category. TRAI should have made the subscription, not by category, but by the sender which would be a win-win situation for businesses as well as consumers. TRAI, instead of solving the problem, has introduced limit to the flow of information.
Rather than criticizing TRAI over its short-sighted measure, let us envision a simple and holistic solution.
Continue reading “TRAI SMS Regulations – An Optimist’s solution”
Reading Time: 3 minutes
Web has given us so many great products that we cannot live without. Though there is a lot of research gone into making our life easier, there are still some small things that can increase the user experience. This post is a continuation of my earlier post Gmail features – Wishlist
Though every writer/reader hates excessive usage of ‘I’, please note that the word represents the user in this post.
Following are some of the Minor changes that would make these great products still useful.
Continue reading “Wishlist for Google Docs and Youtube”
Reading Time: 1 minute
Many businesses use Twitter for marketing. Though lot of strategies have been formed in twitter marketing, some simple aspects are often ignored. This post is about how to successfully ‘brand’ your tweet?
Lets take example of 20North.com, an e-commerce portal.
1. Logo and URL in the profile – Must
2. Call for action in every tweet like Buy, Grab, Join, Try .
3. Have your own URL Shortner. It is hardly a technical challenge to have one of your own that you have to choose popular shortners like bit.ly or tinyurl. Not only does it look cool, you can also extract some interesting analytics from it.
4. Source of the tweet : Often Ignored and set to ‘web’, ‘Tweetdeck‘, ‘Seesmic‘ or any other application it is sent from. Well, we got an extra place to push our link in and increase brand visibility, Why not just make use of it?
5. Hashtag : Use a hashtag for your business, Who knows someday it might become trending topic!!