Many businesses use Twitter for marketing. Though lot of strategies have been formed in twitter marketing, some simple aspects are often ignored. This post is about how to successfully ‘brand’ your tweet?
Lets take example of 20North.com, an e-commerce portal.
1. Logo and URL in the profile – Must
2. Call for action in every tweet like Buy, Grab, Join, Try .
3. Have your own URL Shortner. It is hardly a technical challenge to have one of your own that you have to choose popular shortners like bit.ly or tinyurl. Not only does it look cool, you can also extract some interesting analytics from it.
4. Source of the tweet : Often Ignored and set to ‘web’, ‘Tweetdeck‘, ‘Seesmic‘ or any other application it is sent from. Well, we got an extra place to push our link in and increase brand visibility, Why not just make use of it?
5. Hashtag : Use a hashtag for your business, Who knows someday it might become trending topic!!
Undoubtedly, labs is one of the coolest features in GMail. Below are some of features, I would like to have in GMail.
1. Annotations inside E-Mail.
Sometimes, we need to add some more information to the mail, without sending it to anybody. I save them in drafts. Another work-around would be to add the mail to the ‘Tasks List’ and edit the description. But having a feature where we can add some Notes to the Mail is something more useful and easier.
A lot have been talked about Google chrome. Rounding up , Its better because , it wont crash, is very fast, makes good use of the real estate on your display, manages downloads, operate in incognito mode etc. Its scores negative in few features like, dropdown bar in the url field is absent, history can be viewed date wise only, no extensions, privacy invasion etc.
In this post, I am ‘throwing some light’ on more drawbacks/bugs.
1. If the link is opened in new tab, the color doesn’t change till you refresh.
The search term in the screenshot is “google chrome”. We can see that the first and second links are purple colored indicating that the link is present in the history, while others, which aren’t in the history, are blue in color.